Earlier, men had their regular barbers. Unfortunately, the barbershop tradition has faded over time. Nowadays, people go to the closest unisex salon and get a haircut. Suppose you live in upper Manhattan; you will look for an upper Manhattan barbershop. However, every time you go may meet a different stylist. The definition of ‘a little off’ may mean one thing to one stylist and another thing to another stylist. Therefore, having a skilled and reliable barber is crucial. If you have a regular barber, you will have a sharp and consistent haircut every time.
Tips On Finding A Good Barber
Before You Go Into The Shop
– If you are new to the location/place or if you are not happy with your current barber, ask people for recommendations. Get recommendations from those who always have a fantastic haircut.
– Now, check out those same shops on Google to get a better idea. You can quickly run a Google search with the keyword upper Manhattan barbershop if that is your location.
Once You Have Entered The Shop
– Look for a confident barber. A confident barber would look you straight, smile, and offer you a firm handshake. If the barber avoids your eye contact or seems hesitant, he may not be confident.
– If the barber does not take his appearance seriously, he will likely not do a good job with his clients.
– A good barber with an eye for detail will ensure that his shop looks in tip-top shape. If you notice mounds of hair here and there and the tools present all over the place, he may not be the right barber for you.
– If he asks you about the size of clippers that you want for your hair, get out of the shop. Barbers who rely entirely on clipper guards for haircuts are unskilled and lazy.
– A good barber will take breaks and ask for your feedback during the process. They will let you look at the mirror and decide if you want any further styling done or not.
Whether you go to an upper Manhattan barbershop or a barbershop somewhere else, a good haircut can make a massive difference and should not be taken lightly in the least. Conduct proper research and then fix a shop to visit. Make sure to get your stylist’s name so you can ask for him every time.